HOW IT WORKS
The Ice-Away lifts 500 gallons of water per minute upward to the surface, simultaneously drawing the warmer water from below. The uniquely designed motor mount/diffuser redirects the water flow outward creating a larger area of coverage. The Ice-Away is capable of keeping an 8ft. diameter area of open water for every foot of propeller depth. The average suspended depth is approximately 5ft up to a maximum of 8ft.
With the optional float, the Ice-Away can be used in ponds or lakes to keep areas open for ducks, geese, and other waterfowl, as well as keeping an open area preventing winter fish kills.
- Stainless steel Franklin Electric submersible motor (water cooled, water lubricated, UL recognized, CSA certified)
- Eco-friendly motor (no oil required)
- No long shafts to bend or become out of balance: 5/8” diameter, 1-1/2” long motor shaft
- No seals or bearings to maintain
- Computer designed, high speed, foul resistant propeller
- Exclusive flow directing diffuser
- 1/2 hp, 500 gpm (available in 115-volt, 12.0 amps or 230-volt, 6.0 amps)
- Two 15’ sling ropes provided
- Limited two-year warranty
- Backed by our outstanding customer service
Just a piece of rope will do it: mounting is simple using the “sling approach”. Sling the unit under the boat, between pilings, or anywhere effective results will be achieved.