5/8″ Weighted Airline (Various Lengths)
OWS provides the 5/8″ Weighted Airline (Various Lengths). This is the highest quality self-sinking rubberized airline for all pond and lake aeration. Buying in bigger rolls saves you from having to splice since you can cut to fit. This airline is guaranteed to sink and will ensure optimal airflow between your aerator and diffusers with minimal friction loss on longer runs. The large diameter allows for maximum airflow from your compressor to diffuser. This airline is ideal for large ponds and lakes!
- Thick, rubberized, self-sinking airline
- Tube is weighted to keep airline on the bottom of pond
- Works with all aeration systems
- 5/8 inch inside diameter line
- Maximizes airflow between any electric, solar, or windmill aerator and air diffusers
- Prevents tangling with fishing line, boat motors, and more
- Long-life due to its high quality
- Minimal friction loss due to the larger diameter allowing for longer tubing runs
Available in the following sizes:
- 100 feet
- 500 feet
What is the difference between Weighted and non-weighted airlines?
Depending on where you’re using the airline, you’ll want to choose between a weighted or non-weighted option. If you’re running an airline above ground, a non-weighted airline should do the trick. However, if you’re running an airline from the shoreline to your Airstone or rubber membrane, a weighted airline is a must to keep it under the water. Investing in a weighted airline will save you the hassle of getting a non-weighted one to work underwater.
Another important tip is to bury your airline when running it from your aeration system to the water’s edge. This will protect it from accidents, landscaper equipment, or animal cuts. Dealing with a damaged airline is a headache, so take precautions and bury it. Don’t worry about burying it too deeply – 4-6 inches is enough. If you’re worried about extra vulnerability, you can even encase it in PVC before burying it.