AQUARIAN AQUACULTURE SURFACE AERATOR
The Aquarian Aquaculture is a floating surface aerator specifically designed to increase oxygen levels in aquaculture applications. Properly aerating a pond or body of water in an aquaculture setting means the water is healthy for fish or prawns and has the right amount of oxygen for optimal results. Paying close attention to water quality increases fish output and overall aquaculture operation improvement and efficiency.
HOW IT WORKS
The unit comes standard with the Franklin Electric Submersible motor available in 1/2 to 1 horsepower.
The high-velocity Aquarian propeller pumps an immense column of water through the device, creating constant aeration and re-aeration in a circular manner.When the column of water strikes the diffuser, a shearing effect occurs, breaking the column into micro-droplets and exposing more water surface area to the atmosphere.
A continuous turnover prevents stratification to depths of up to 12 feet.
If you’re unsure of how much aeration you need, as a general rule, approximately one horsepower per surface area is sufficient, depending on the biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) for a lake or pond.
Suggested Mooring: Use approximately three feet of mooring rope per foot of water depth to allow for water level fluctuation. Tying unit to the shore is also acceptable if visible mooring ropes are not objectionable.
- Rugged, stainless steel Franklin Electric submersible motor, UL778 recognized, water-cooled and lubricated
- Eco-friendly motor (no oil required)
- No long shafts to bend or become out of balance: 5/8” diameter, 1-1/2” long motor shaft
- No seals or bearings to maintain
- Single phase and three phase equipment available
- Low trajectory spray pattern permits minimal ice build up
- High-speed, foul resistant propeller. High shear water spraying action. No lazy spray or bubbles.
- Computer designed diffuser engineered to break up the water column for the best oxygen transfer rate
- One piece, square flotation for stability. No oscillation can occur as with round floats.
- One-year limited warranty
- Pumpage rate is the highest available per nameplate horsepower and is independently tested
- Backed by our outstanding customer service
DEALERS | ENGINEERS