ShoreKlear Plus 1 Gallon
ShoreKlear Plus 1 Gallon is the same type of systemic herbicide as in the ShoreKlear, but ShoreKlear Plus has a surfactant included. This product is for use on emerged aquatic weeds and brush in aquatic and other noncrop sites. Therefore, ShoreKlear Plus is effective on many species including: Alligator Weed, Cattails, Reed Canarygrass, Purple loosestrife, American Lotus, Phragmites, Spatterdock, Torpedograss, Waterhyacinth, Waterlettuce, Water Primrose, and Willows. Application rates normally range from 3.5-4.5 oz per gallon of water. Please refer to specific plant treatment rates on label.
This product is one gallon – which is enough to treat most ponds and pond edges for a year or even two. Additionally, this product can also be used to control weeds in the fenceline, around the house or just to edge around landscapes. The active ingredient is Glyphosate with an Aquatically approved surfactant already in the mix! No need to purchase the surfactant separately!
* Cannot be shipped to California, Connecticut, Maine, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Oregon or Washington
* Cannot be shipped to Canada
What Should You Choose?
To clear or clean your pond, bacteria packs and clarifiers are both useful options. Although clarifiers are effective, using skimmers to remove large debris like leaves and branches can speed up the process. Additionally, choosing the right product for your specific issue is important. For example, muck pellets are designed to target sludge buildup at the bottom of your pond. On the other hand, pond clarifiers can clear up excess phosphorous and soil particles to give you clearer water. Bacteria packs are also effective at eliminating bad bacteria and organic material from both the surface and bottom of the pond, and they typically dissolve within minutes of treatment. Ultimately, selecting the appropriate product for your needs can help you achieve the best results.
You’ll be able to find pond clarifiers packaged as big as 10 pounds per bucket. This amount should be enough to treat a large pond or even a lake. This product works by tying up excess phosphorous and soil particles in the water. The result will give you clearer water. Since this product’s base is aluminum sulfate and rids the water of soil particles that are suspended, water treatment plants tend to use this alternative with great success.
The bacteria pack is similar to the muck pellets because they work to rid the water of bad bacteria. However, a bacteria pack can work great for both the surface and the bottom of the pond. The product is environmentally friendly and will also work to break down organic material found in your water. Bacteria packs will usually dissolve within five or ten minutes of treating the water.
To put it simply, pond microbes are sorts of bacteria that help break down organic matter in a pond. These microbes can also be referred to as microorganisms. A pond will contain both good and bad bacteria. Basically, good bacteria will thrive in a pond that has high levels of oxygen, and bad bacteria works in a pond with little to no oxygen. The problem with bad bacteria is that it will create large areas of sludge as it breaks down organic material. Rest assured that the bacteria or pond microbes that you find on the market are good bacteria, which will benefit your pond.
Now, let’s take a look at your chemical options.
- Cutrine: The product Cutrine works best to keep algae and Chara at bay. A simple treatment should do the trick.
- Green Clean: Another product you can consider is Green Clean, which is great to control algae.
- ShoreKlear: ShoreKlear will work best to control emerged and floating weeds. In particular, you will find excellent results for alligator weeds, Water Primrose, Cattails and more. When it comes to floating weeds, ShoreKlear will be able to control Water Shield, Water Hyacinth, American Lotus and many others with excellent results.
- Reward & Weedtrine: This alternative will give you good results for emerged, submerged and floating weeds. However, you may have to treat the area more than once for better and long-term effects. Water Primrose and Naiad weeds will have the best results with the Reward & Weedtrine products.
- Navigate: The Navigate microbe products work for both submerged and floating weeds. These can include Bladderwort, Coontail, American Lotus and Water Lettuce weeds, just to mention a few. You will find the best results with the Eurasian Watermilfoil weeds.
- Sonar: The Sonar Pond microbes are some of the best choices on the market. This product will work on emerged, submerged and floating pond weeds. However, you will get the best results for submerged pond weeds, including American Pondweed, Naiad, Hydrilla/Elodea and others.
- Flumigard: The Flumigard microbe treatment is a product that you may have to use more than once for those long-term effects. Moreover, this alternative boasts excellent results for submerged and floating weeds. You’ll be able to treat Sago Pondweed, Curly Leaf Pondweed, Duckweed, Water Lettuce and Watermeal weeds.